Theme: Heritage
Intentions/purpose of the photography to be undertaken
I intend to take a variety of images showing historical buildings. If I had enough time I could try various types of building and shoot inside and out. However, at the moment I am going to concentrate on getting a combination of close-ups with interesting detail and also some wider, creative images showing unusual perspectives.
Reasons for selection of theme (including inspiration from the work of others)
Architecture photography is an area I haven't tried before. I am particularly interested in historical buildings as they have a story behind them and can have a lot more atmosphere. This theme is also something different from the natural beauty of the 'Tree' theme.
The photo imaging equipment and medium that will be used and why
Architectural photographers often use a wide variety of equipment to create different effects. For example, a wide angle lens to show the scale of the building or even a fish eye for a strange abstract image. A tripod is frequently used to line up the shot accurately. I will be using my compact on manual settings when not borrowing kit from the department.
Techniques that will be used and how they will help convey the visual message
I aim to show a sense of scale to illustrate the size of the structures or even exaggerate it, by using interesting perspectives. I'll be hoping to find unusual viewpoints with lead in lines to add to the composition. Also i'll be looking to include interesting shapes and textures if possible.
How light quality can be used to help convey the visual message
The type of light available for my images will depend on the time of day I take them and what the weather is like. Buildings can look totally different at night depending on what kind of light there is for example, a floodlit or moonlit church. It is likely my images will be taken in the day, hopefully with blue skies to contrast with the building material.
Safety considerations
When taking photographs of old buildings it is important to remember that some parts may not be strong enough to lean or stand on. Also you must not obstruct a doorway. If any photography is done in a derelict building it is vital to not go alone and get permission if it is private land.
No comments:
Post a Comment