Monday, 24 January 2011

Evaluating - Theme 1

Evaluate how well you did
I am pleased with the tree images i captured, as i was able to cover a range of different colours, textures, shapes, angles, light and depth of field.
What could you do next time to improve?
Perhaps a greater range of lighting conditions, for example, more variation in the time of day. Another aspect i could have incorporated was a panoramic. I could also have experimented with a longer shutter speed to show movement of the foliage in some of my images, although without a tripod that would have been quite difficult.
Did you have the right equipment?
As i was using my compact i didn't have a choice of lens to think about. If i had been using a DSLR i would most likely have used a combination of wide angle and macro. As it was i switched between the macro setting on my compact and made use of the zoom where appropriate.
Did you choose the right viewpoint?
I think overall i chose the right viewpoint. There were some which were discarded as i'd included too many distractions, but i am happy with the majority.
Is your composition strong?
Overall i think my composition was quite accurate as there wasn't a huge amount of cropping to do with the chosen images. I made sure to consider the rule of thirds were appropriate and lead in lines to create perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment