Sunday, 9 January 2011

Comparison with Research - Theme 2

The image at the top is by Nadia Mackenzie. I liked the use of structure to create a frame for the viewer. I chose a viewpoint which enabled me to make an unusual frame.

 
The image above is by Mark Fiennes. I loved the use of light to draw attention to the building's structure. I attempted to do the same in this image with the lit columns.
 

The image above is by Nick Meers. This is another example of the use of framing in architectural photography. My image attempted the same using the archway.
 
The image above is by Ashley Franklin. I liked his use of perspective which made the building tower over the viewer. I decided to attempt a similar image with the same type of architecture.
 
The image above is by Antony Weller. I liked the way this image showed the textures of the building material. Although in his image it has been carved in this way, i chose an example of weathered texture instead.  

2 comments:

  1. I apologise for the confusing layout of this post. However, i just could not get it to format the same as the previous post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    A good comparison blog with written thoughts and ideas, this allows you to evaluate how well you did and what maybe you could do next time to improve, did you have the right lens, the right viewpoint, is your composition strong, do people appear in the research images? and do they in yours?
    Discuss.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete